cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ranging Response T3

Adotparker
Joining in

Morning all,

Receiving this issue fairly regularly, and experiencing dropouts, that result in us having to reset our wifi connections on our devices I'm not sure the error is necessarily related to the dropouts  :-

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Working from home is becoming a bit frustrating, being in meetings.

Looking at our Upstream status on our hub log, we're seeing 42.8 dBmV. is this suggestive of excess noise?

We're using the internet purely by wifi, with no extenders, the hub is placed in the open downstairs.Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 08.59.06.png2_3_23.png

Is there a fix for this? following the instructions from VM, regards to hub resetting doesn't seem to improve the situation

kind regards

Adam

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Hero

The Upstream Power levels and Modulation modes look spot on, so noise does not appear to be a concern.

The second image has been redacted, so can't comment on what that covered.

It was a picture of the T3 error logs over the past few days. - It contained my mac address, so was removed. still getting dropouts.

Hi Adotparker

Sorry to hear of the connection issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From checking the connection and equipment all of the levels and ranges appear to be in the spec's we'd expect to see, the speeds seem solid averaging 382mbs download and 36mbs upload. There were some disconnections around the time of posting but these seem to have cleared up. Have you noticed any improvement since posting?

Rob

We're still seeing some connection issues. We're also seeing more T3 issues as per the picture attached. Any further advice is welcome. Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 17.43.52.png

Thank you for that information Adotparker. 

Are you having the issue on both a Wired & Wireless connection?

When did you last reboot the hub?

^Martin

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 18.44.06.pngScreenshot 2023-03-08 at 18.48.00.pngScreenshot 2023-03-08 at 18.47.23.png

The only wired connection we're using is for the Virgin box. It has occasionally dropped out when the wifi signal has dropped out. We've also had a Mesh Pod from Virgin, set up. - We're still seeing T3 faults and other faults, and still having to reset our devices ( turn wifi off/on )

We've reset the hub, and powered off the hub, numerous times over the last week to 10 days.

I'd like to have an Engineer cast his eye over everything, but Virgin seems a little apprehensive about sending one, as they can't see an issue on their end.

Regards

Adam 

Thanks for coming back to us Adam, I have looked into this again and there is now a visible issue on the system that will need a technician visit to resolve.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message Adotparker. 

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L