cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet

johnbcnone
Tuning in

Originally using hub 3.0 my WiFi and internet were working fine. Recently I had been getting an increasing number of 'no internet' faults. Each time I was able to get rid of the fault using microsoft windows diagnostics, where the diagnostics suggested that I connect an ethernet cable between the hub and ethernet socket on my Desktop PC. The diagnostics also suggested that I could have a loose connection on the incoming signal to the hub.

I want to get my WiFi working again any suggestions?

johnbcnone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Replace the ethernet cable as well with a good quality Cat 6a one.  Cables do get stressed over time and the wires can break internally.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

Replace the ethernet cable as well with a good quality Cat 6a one.  Cables do get stressed over time and the wires can break internally.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.

Tried the pinhole reset for 60 seconds, unfortunately it didn't work.

I did the microsoft network diagnostics again. It suggests problem with wireless adapter or access point.

If there is a problem with cables it would affect also the condition when the ethernet cable is connected.

Every time I connect the ethernet cable the fault disappears.

Maybe the fault is not with the hub, but with the wireless adapter in my Desktop PC

johnbcnone

My mobile phone is still working as normal. My phone must therefore be picking up a WI Fi signal from the hub. This suggests that the hub is working okay from a Wi Fi point of view.

With regard to my desktop PC when going to Control Panel/Device Manager/ Wireless card Dell 1703.802.II bigin (2.4GHz). I get a malfunction symbol and the following messages.  ' This device cannot start (Operation failed)' and 'the requested operation was unsuccessful'

I am going to look around for a replacement wireless card or USB wireless dongle.

I will make a final post when the Wi Fi is fixed

johnbcnone

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johnbcnone

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of any broadband issues. I've not been able to locate your system via the forum details provided. Can you confirm - are you still having issues? Let me know if so, I'll be happy to assist. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS,

My account is with Virgin Media Ireland A/C No  [MOD EDIT: Removed]

I have a VM hub 3.0, my phone is working as normal with good internet performance. I have an ethernet cable connected from the hub to my desktop computer. With the ethernet cable everything is fine, without the ethernet cable no internet on my PC.

The problem appears to be related to the wireless card on my Desktop PC. I am presently looking into this.

Regards

johnbcnone

Hi thanks for coming back to us. No worries, I am sorry to advise this forum is only Virgin Media UK so we're not able to assist. Their contact methods are - https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ - which should help. If you have a Twitter account it's @virginmediaIE as well.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

rronie09
Joining in

I have been without wifi for a week in my property since Virgin decided to send a technician to my address to fix an ‘issue’ which didn’t need to be fixed

since he left i’ve been without internet for 8 days and been constantly fed misinformation about when it will be fixed

this is what £60 a month gets you absolutely disastrous service

Good Morning @rronie09, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to hear that you've been without broadband services for an extended period of time.

Looking into your local area, I can see an outage was recognised on 20/05/22 and is due to be resolved on 31/05/22 at 16:05.

Do please come back to us after this time frame and advise us if the services have returned

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi david

thanks for initially getting back to me however for the 3rd time now the date provided to me by you guys is incorrect and i STILL have 0 internet facilities in my flat.

this has been 2 weeks now and is completely outrageous and nothing seems to be being done about it

What is really going on? I’m paying £58 a month to have no internet for 2 weeks plus understand my frustration i have people working from home in my flat who have been unable to do so for 2 weeks now

please provide me with an update