Menu
DTX3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No Internet

Internet went down this morning and still hasn't returned. I've run the service status numerous times and it just keeps saying to check again in 10 minutes. 

This is quite urgent as our Nest home security is now offline.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet

there is currently a few days for the forum staff to check things over.. when calling broadband faults dont enter any account number, so can speak to agent.

--------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up on kudos. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution, but only do this once issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately this is a risk you take when relying on 'smart homes', and it's one that the people selling them are careful not to mention.  

0 Kudos
DTX3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So we called and got an automated message saying there was work being done in the area. Would be nice if we could get notified when these things occur. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting in touch DTX3.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with the service.  

Can you please take a look here: virg.in/service     and let us know if the issue is listed?

Thanks

Nat
0 Kudos
DTX3
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As mentioned above we called the service line and was advised there was work being done in the area.

Also as mentioned in OP I've tried that link "I've run the service status numerous times and it just keeps saying to check again in 10 minutes. "
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Natalie_L wrote:

Can you please take a look here: virg.in/service     and let us know if the issue is listed?

OP said they had already done that - Could you not do the test  for some reason?  

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi DTX3, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

As there was confirmed work being completed in the area and around 7 hours between your original post and my reply, my request to check the service page was in hope that this may have been updated. 

Are you able to confirm that you are still getting the 'check again in ten minutes 'message when using the page, if so let me know and I will get a private message to you in order to check the account. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jbrennand, 

Without the account details or postcode, I am unable to check the service page on behalf of DTX3. 

This is not information we would ask for in the open forum but will be sent via PM once we have established if the self care tool has been updated or still providing the same message. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Natalie_L wrote:

Hi jbrennand, 

Without the account details or postcode, I am unable to check the service page on behalf of DTX3. 

Thanks

Emma_E seems to have done it without that palava - see message 3 - done the check before the PM - so must be able to locate the account from the username ?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Wifi-keep-dropping-super-hub-2ac/td-p/39309...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos