cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet or very low speed

shan_L
Joining in

In recent, I suffered very low speed: the google test shows 1.81 mbps download, 1.78 mbps upload, latency: 9ms, server: london.

It happens since two weeks ago, I asked help but was advised to reset the Hub 1, it worked for a while but back to low speed soon. 

Not sure how can I fix this. I called the number ends with 1111 but only replied by machine recorded useless instructions. The online chat is only working on working day. I used the chat box and only advised to do a 'reset'. Very disappointed. 

13 REPLIES 13

shan_L
Joining in

actually I am using the 100Mbps package but got very low speed. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @shan_L,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing some speed issues with your broadband! That is definitely not ideal, and I apologise that that has been your experience. 

Can you tell us if this issue is present on WiFi, or wired connections? Or on both?

What speeds are you receiving on a wired connection between your Hub and a laptop or PC?

You can read more about our speeds on our website here

Has the Hub reset helped with your speed issue at all?

Please keep us updated and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you further.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your reply.

Can you tell us if this issue is present on WiFi, or wired connections? Or on both?

Re: both

What speeds are you receiving on a wired connection between your Hub and a laptop or PC?

Re: I am on a M100 package but sometime the google speed tested as: upload speed 1.8Mbps and download speed 1.74Mbps  

You can read more about our speeds on our website here

Re: I did

Has the Hub reset helped with your speed issue at all?

Re: Yes reset can make it back normal for  a few hours but I do not like to frequently do the 'reset'

Please keep us updated and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you further.

Re: I asked both help line and online chat, both focused on convincing me pay more and change to a new deal without helping on the issues. 

I am using a hub 1, not sure what caused the problem still.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you really using the original model Superhub?  They were phased out years ago. 

What model name does it say on the label?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hub 1 is a relic!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Yes, it is hub 1, I asked VM to change to a hub 3, but got failed 

Am I right in thinking that the Hub 1 only supported 2.4GHz?

C'mon VM - swap out this relic and put it in a museum where it belongs!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi @shan_L,

I am really sorry to hear you are having some issues with your service. I have taken a look at the account and some of your power levels are out of specification. I will need to book a technician visit for you to get this sorted. 

Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I am still waiting for help from the team.