Menu
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet for 3 Weeks

set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections.
It will show when and when not you are connected to the VM network. Useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

How do you do that when you have no broadband at

@jbrennand wrote:
set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections.
It will show when and when not you are connected to the VM network. Useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

all?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good point but they told you it was an "intermittent fault" - I took that to mean that sometimes it will be connected and sometimes it wont

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

They keep saying intermittent fault so they don't have to pay out £8 per Day, which I am going to challenge.

Was is intermittent anyway?  

How long does it have to stay on to be classed as such?

@jbrennand wrote:
Good point but they told you it was an "intermittent fault" - I took that to mean that sometimes it will be connected and sometimes it wont

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

What lights are showing/flashing on the Hub (which model is it) - do they always stay the same or change occasionally ?
Can you look in the Hub's "router status" and see what the Network logs are showing?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
What lights are showing/flashing on the Hub (which model is it) - do they always stay the same or change occasionally ?
Can you look in the Hub's "router status" and see what the Network logs are showing?

FINALLY BEEN SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, someone on the online text system had the sense to run a test and realised my problem was not an area wide issue and an Engineer was organised to come to my property the next Day (Saturday Morning).

He found that the cables and connections in the "green box" were damaged  and fixed them. (Last year Virgin said I had a problem with my line, but didn't fix it).

He also found out that my Hub had been supplied and fitted with the wrong power supply.

Virgin now owe compensation of £8 a Day for the Month I was offline and I want the money back that I had to spend on additional data for my phone as it was ALL down to Virgin and could have been sorted very quickly if they had just listened.

Thanks for the replies @jbrennand, appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fedup1000,

Thanks for keeping us updated about this, I'm glad to hear this is all back up and running again for you now.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any frustration or inconvenience this issue has caused. I would like to look into this further for you, to be able to do this, I would need some further information from you. I'll drop you a PM asking for the details we would need, if you can reply to that, I will be more than happy to see what I can do to help.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It would apparently seem that having no internet for a Month, because of a damaged cable and connection within the green box (Engineers report) does not qualify you for the compensation scheme.

What is obvious is that Virgin are feeding the automatic system the wrong information which then disqualifies you from compensation. They keep telling me I had an intermittent service. That is why I have used all 20Gig of my phone data and then had to buy more at £10.95.

They definitely have not included the Engineers report.

If this is not sorted I will go to CISAS as this is criminal and not on.

They have still not defined what intemittent means in their organisation.

0 Kudos