Menu
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No Internet for 3 Weeks

(Posted this in the Phone section by accident)

I have been told that the internet would be fixed by the end of May, then the 3rd of June, then the 7th and now it was supposed to be fixed yesterday. Guess what ..... not working!!!

Every time I have to call Virgin as they have no contact whatsoever.

My problems started when Virgin Engineers cut me off from the green box outside and totally screwed it up.

The service status says the broadband is fine, but each time I call I get told it is an area wide issue and they keep telling me it is intermittent!!!!

Is this a way to get out of compensation as I keep telling them it is NOT working?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet for 3 Weeks

If you can, first job is to set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in any discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

There is no internet connection at all.

@jbrennand wrote:
If you can, first job is to set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in any discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

OK.
Hopefully a VM staff person will pick this up soon and give you the best information on the fault in your area.
Or just try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 8am until 10pm [calling early is usually best]) you will usually get a UK call centre who’s staff are more informed and helpful. Tell them you are thinking of leaving for Sky/BT because of this lack of service and expect not to be subjected to a leaving penalty. See if they can give you any better info

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Tried to get to that department, but when they transfer you, you can be on the phone forever so I give up.

0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It seems that you have to have a whole Month of no service before Virgin will let you leave for free according to retentions.

Still no internet and constantly being told to wait and now have another deadline of 3:30pm. Today. Not sure how they can be so accurate.

Where are the VIRGIN staff on here to help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fedup1000,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I will private message you so I can take a look into this.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N wrote:

Hi Fedup1000,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I will private message you so I can take a look into this.

^Martin

Ok thanks Martin. Hope go hear from you shortly.

0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Martin, my internet is still not working. When is this due to end?

Also, I have used all my phone data and need to buy more. Does Virgin pay for this extra costs?

0 Kudos
Fedup1000
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It has now been exactly a Month without working internet and the date just keeps being move further back without any notice.

I have been told by Martin the moderator that because it is classed as an area wide problem that it is said to be INTERMITTENT!!!!

That is why the keep saying intermittent so they can try to get out of paying £8 per Day for a non-service.

I am still waiting for an answer as to why a completely non-working service is called intermittent.

He has gone very quiet, but I want an answer, especially when my neighbours internet has been working.

0 Kudos