cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

No Internet after engineer cam to fix intermittent issue πŸ˜’

Jay28
Tuning in

Had a intermittent issue where my Internet would drop out once or twice a day for 5 minutes. Not a big issue but as my daughter had some online exams planned and had revision to do. We thought ee would get it resolved. When we called we were sent a link which resulted in a engineer being sent out.

The engineer came (very nice guy- was a tranee) and swapped out the hub for a new one Hub-5. Said will take about an hour or so for the signal to reset. Hours after still did not work. Engineer (who was a tranee) left his number. So tried a few things last night and today. Still no Internet. Hub keeps recycling.

Tried everything, reboots,reset, hard reset, etc

Wife called (Virgin) after a long difficult call (language issue) vigin reluctantly agreed to send an engineer tomorrow.

Got a text message to say engineer booked in for next week!

Wife called back :- ended up talking to someone that was simply being rude  when asked to speak to a manger he said he was a manger (subsequently found out to be a lie) he refused to believe my wife and said we should of paid for business account if we expected better service.

I called back after. I got a loverly lady who was nice, professional explained things. Eventhough she could not help further she was able to put our complaint through, was clear on expectations on trying to get an early engineer.

Well now no Internet and next engineer is only available next week. My 2 x daughter who are trying to study for there degree's are using my phone data till it runs out. Wish we never called in first place and lived with the occasional drop out.

13 REPLIES 13

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a slim possibility that the new hub has not been added to your account and activated, Call Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

did the tech leave the old hub - if so try connecting that and see what happens - if not try the activation line - 0800 953 9500 - tech should have left it working - tale about an hour is BS 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@Tudor wrote:

There is a slim possibility that the new hub has not been added to your account and activated, Call Equipment activation on 0800 953 9500

On the contrary, I'd say that that there is every possibility that this is indeed the reason, no!

Of course, if the OP follows Tony's advise above and the old hub works, then that confirms it!

Unfortunately no old hub

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Jay28 wrote:

Unfortunately no old hub

then ring the activation line and get them to look at it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

The engineer said he had. Whe we rang they said yes could see the Hub in there end and was activated.

The signal is comming through due to rhw fact for about 20 seconds we get WiFi then the hub looks like it recycles:-

On hub light sequence is.
White pulsing
Then
Green pulsing
Then
Solid green
Then
Solid white.
Then back to pulsing white.
Taking about 30sec to modulate through the colours

Thanks Tony. I called yesterday the activation line and they confirmed it was registered and active (as per engineers message to me) they tried again (sending a activation message down) and said it will work after 30min.  I made sure they did NOT cancel my planned engineer 

Same issue still there. No service and unhappy daughters who are eating into my mobile data for there studies. The hub is cycling through reboot sequence every couple of minutes. To me I need an engineer to try a new box, if that does not work, to check if I am getting a constant signal (and not a intermittent one that it seems I am getting now) 

My guess is there is a bad connection external to my house. (Flapping circuit) am guessing the new hub 5 is more sensitive than my old hub 3.

I am afraid that when the engineer comes on Friday he will be ill equipped to resolve and will have to refer to someone else and I end up in a deadly loop. I hope πŸ™I am wrong 🀞

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

a full reset is worth a try - hold the button a good 30 sec - after that its down to the tech - a hub change i would think but this time dont let him out of the house until its seen to be working

you have had 2 lazy excuses - one from the original tech that it will be ok in an hour or whatever - it should connect and be working - he should not have left before that and it will be fine in 30 minutes from the telephone team - again rubbish but it got them off the phone and they could mark the problem sorted so job done

all typical if the rubbish CS that is VM

Tony.
Sacked VIP

@-tony- wrote:

a full reset is worth a try - hold the button a good 30 sec - after that its down to the tech - a hub change i would think but this time dont let him out of the house until its seen to be working

you have had 2 lazy excuses - one from the original tech that it will be ok in an hour or whatever - it should connect and be working - he should not have left before that and it will be fine in 30 minutes from the telephone team - again rubbish but it got them off the phone and they could mark the problem sorted so job done

all typical if the rubbish CS that is VM

Thanks Tony, tried the hard reset 3 times (desperatation). I think your advise on not letting the engineer go is good and will implement (lock the door πŸ˜€)

I am hoping that the engineer is not another tranee/apprentice and they do not say they need to defer to another department or another engineer. Its sad when you loose faith in service or in thinking that the company really cares. Hope to be proven wrong 🀞