cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet (access denied)

MissSupernova
Tuning in

For the past 3 weeks our internet has randomly been disconnecting for up too 2 days at a time and other days for a few hours, the internet light on the hub 3 starts flashing green, the wifi and power are also lit up green. When I sign into the hub settings it says that my internet access is denied. I’ve tried all of the instructions recommended to try and fix the problem but nothing works, it has on occasions spontaneously fixed itself. I’m totally fed up of having no internet and paying for a service that I’m not receiving, I would be grateful if someone could help resolve this problem ASAP, thank you.

21 REPLIES 21

Max787
Tuning in

Sorry to hear about this...I have had a share of similar horry stories.

Please call Virgin Media and book an engineer...Make sure the engineer does not leave the house until the issue is fixed!!

Every time I’ve booked an engineer the internet started working again so I’ve cancelled it

Never cancel it - If it is an intermittent issue - it will just re-appear:

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

MissSupernova
Tuning in

For the past 3 weeks our internet has randomly been disconnecting for up too 2 days at a time and other days for a few hours, the internet light on the hub 3 starts flashing green, the wifi and power are also lit up green. When I sign into the hub settings it says that my internet access is denied. I’ve tried all of the instructions recommended to try and fix the problem but nothing works, it has on occasions spontaneously fixed itself. I’m totally fed up of having no internet and paying for a service that I’m not receiving, I would be grateful if someone could help resolve this problem ASAP, thank you.

There doesn’t seem to be anything there, just this…

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID

1227000000-1831256 qam12

Downstream bonded channels

Channel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors

1Locked31.91214190

Double posting generally gets the query answered slower.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/No-Internet-access-denied/td-p/4773043

Yup - Massive downstream issues if you've only got one channel.

You can either wait for a forum rep to reply (could be a day or so)

Or

You could call it in as a fault on 150
It'll ask you to reboot the hub (as you already have done - don't)
You will then be cut off
Wait a couple of minutes
Call 150 again - report a broadband fault - The system will recognise that you called before and transfer you to a person - they will then be able to book a tech visit to rectify!

I’ve booked an engineer but can’t get one to come out till monday, it’s an absolute joke…

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MissSupernova wrote:

I’ve booked an engineer but can’t get one to come out till monday, it’s an absolute joke

So that's within 2 working days !  I would say that was pretty good for a Residential contract which has no Service Level Agreement in place.

If you want next day service you need to be on a Business package - where there is an SLA on fix times.

You could try again later and see if there any cancellations slots have appeared you can pick up on

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.