Menu
MrsP8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Internet Connection following Service Outage

From before 8am I was using our broadband without issue.  Around 9am it stopped working, the internet connection was gone.  I could connect to both my connections but neither could access the internet.  After 2 reboots of our hub I decided to check if it was a wider issue so I went to the virgin media site and checked the services for my postcode and as well as TV and Phone issues there was in fact a service notice of a fault in my area (area 26 in case that’s useful information).  I kept checking the status throughout the morning and around 11.40 the status updated to show it as working.  But I’m still not able to connect to the internet.  I have tried several reboots since and have even run the test on our service but nothing is working.  I’ve tried interpreting the lights on the front but the guide I keep being taken to doesn’t mention anything about the traffic light being green or flashing green (which has been that state of mine all day) so I’m not sure what’s going on.

i was going to start a chat session to try a get some help but apparently they’re unavailable... which is pretty poor for the recommended method of contact!

and suggestions of what to try or support from anyone at virgin would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
MrsP8
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Internet Connection following Service Outage

Well what do you know... I’m not sure I believe in coincidence.  Within a minute of posting I suddenly had Internet Connection back!  Without me doing anything more!

So there’s a top tip people, apparently posting on the forums is how to get your internet service back!

0 Kudos
js8
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hope the tip works for me no connection all day after power outage 

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi js8,

Apologies for the disruption and hope the forum 'magic' worked for you too, though suspect not in this instance, as checking your service it looks you may have been knocked offline for essential maintenance and upgrade work in the area.

This has now been completed so touch wood full service has been restored, though any further trouble please just let us know and we'll gladly assist further.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos