Menu
Highlighted
diagnostichell
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No Internet Connection and no 2nd TiVo Box

Any suggested solutions please for my current issue

wifi signal started dropping out on and off for various devices over last 24 hours intermittently and nothing can now get internet connection via wifi despite being able to see 2.4 and 5.0 WiFi networks 

seem to join router but on apple devices - just get a dreaded orange ‘No internet connection’

pinhole reset done to router and apparently new router/hub on the way but my second TiVo box is now stuck on its “Starting Up’ screen

does the TiVo need a working superhub?? - didn’t think it was connected (certainly isn’t by Ethernet)??

cust services now won’t send an engineer until I’ve swapped the router.....but I’m not convinced the two are connected?

TiVo showing 2 red & 2 green lights

any advice appreciated

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Internet Connection and no 2nd TiVo Box

If its a Tivo and not a V6 (is it ?) then it doesnt need connecting to the Hub for it to work - all the information comes down the coax. Some people do connect them to the Hub to facilitate sharing recorded programmes with a V6 which MUST be connected to the Hub to work correctly.
Re the Hub - when the wifi is down can you connect ok when you put a computer/laptop on an ethernet cable connection to the Hub.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
diagnostichell
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet Connection and no 2nd TiVo Box

Thanks for coming back - new hub arrived today and has fixed the internet access problem but unsurprisingly not the TiVo box 

may book an engineer or alternatively give it back & take it off the bill - don’t use it that much 😉

0 Kudos