cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 2.4 signal

Jasonmc2349
Joining in

Hi everyone 

I have been having slow internet and having trouble getting 2.4 for a few days now. Trying to check it out with the app and it just keeps telling me there’s a problem and can’t check. So i do a reboot and still the same 😡 I’ve tried the small reset button on the back and still the same. Any ideas please 🙏🏼 
cheers Jason 

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
Hiya - Resets can be a bit tricky.

FOllow this procedure:

Unplug all ethernet cables

With the power on and the co-ax connected; press and hold the reset switch with a paperclip or sim removal tool for at least 60 seconds.

Allow 10 minutes to reboot, reset and stabilise

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I tried that again yesterday and still the same. I get the same message saying something not right 

SOunds like a knackered hub!

VM staff should be along shortly!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi Lotharmat

thanks for trying to help it’s appreciated 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What Hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John 

it’s a hub 3 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you only using the app to diagnose this problem?  Can you connect with a laptop directly via cable and get to the Hub's admin pages?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you do as adduxi suggests look on the wireless page that both 2.4 and 5 frequencies are still both active (turn off and on to be sure) also check that the SSID's are what you expect them to be - are they still the same (as per factory) or had you separated them by renaming the SSID's? if not try that, it sometimes helps a Hub3 wif performance.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.