cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nintendo switch wifi

Gaz756
Tuning in

Hi,  

Had trouble connecting my sons Nintendo switch to wifi the last few days due to an dns error. To cut a long story short I have noticed when going into router settings and turning off the firewall it connects no problem.

Is it safe to just leave the firewall off or have virgin changed something on the router which I can change back???

Cheers

Gary Dunbar. 

12 REPLIES 12

I have but no luck 🙁

I've got a brand new Hub3, with Wireless Mac Address = Disabled, and no entries in the Wireless filter list. Also tried manually setting DNS on the Switch to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

I'm back to where Gaz756 was at the top where the only fix is to turn off the firewall in the Hub3, which I'm keen to avoid doing!

Fixed now! Seems I was playing around in the Virgin Media Connect app and paused this device without noticing. When trying to fix I focused on the web page for the hub 3.0 and didn't spot this. That's why the MAC filtering and DNS settings had no effect.

Hi Tim789

Thanks coming back to us and confirming your issue has been resolved.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R