cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New virgin wifi pod and ps5 😢 and wifi

Jkuk23
Tuning in

So I have the hub 3 , since I got the PS5 I never get over 20mb wireless , hardwire is not an option due to location , after reading someone suggests splitting the 2.5ghz and 5ghz , ps5 perfect now average 180 or so it says but online gaming is perfect , my daughters always struggled with WiFi in her room , only a small 3 bed house so virgin sent me the new WiFi pod but it’s been plug  in now for hours and still a flashing white light and sometimes a green , is this normal and my daughters problem still remains so I’m unsure if the pod is connected as says the light should go off within 10mins and will work best after 24 hours but I’m concerned will it work where I’ve split the 2.5&5

7 REPLIES 7

lotharmat
Community elder
If you had a pod - you cannot have the bands split - they need to be merged with intelligent WiFi enabled.

You'd be best getting your own router to be honest and sending the pod back (definitely of you are paying for it)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Instead of splitting the bands so you can pick 5Ghz, you can get the PS5 to use 5Ghz of a shared SSID which should have the same effect and still allow the Pods to work

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-force-your-ps5-connect-5ghz-wi-fi

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Just the answer I was looking for thank you , I’ll try this at lunch and see how I get on 

Thanks for the reply , I have another option to try before looking at this option 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@lotharmat wrote:
If you had a pod - you cannot have the bands split - they need to be merged with intelligent WiFi enabled.

You'd be best getting your own router to be honest and sending the pod back (definitely of you are paying for it)

things may have changed but i have run my mark1 pods with split bands - the important thing is that smart wifi or whatever its called must be on

i initially set my pods up with the same ssid on each band - the pods worked as expected - as a test i split the bands and whilst inSSIDer only 2 mac addys for the 2 pods rather than 4 with the non split bands the pods worked perfectly - which band they defaulted to i cannot remember

to the OP did you position the pod/s near the hub when plugging them in - not sure that it matters but the help page suggests that - once they are synced then move them

if that does not work then it suggests the hub needs activating or whatever they do to see the pods

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi all , anyone else having the same issues as me the new WiFi pod and forcing the ps5 to connect only to 5G has worked perfect , no more WiFi issues and my daughters  very happy now , moved the pod about until it worked best but all good now so thank you all 

That's fantastic!

and thank you @-tony- - I learn something new every day! WHich is good!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7