cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router

As34
Joining in

I’ve had ongoing issues with my router and after reading on here it seems it may be because it needs updating. We’ve had it for 5/6 years, it was fine at first but now we have issues most days. How do I order a replacement?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

8 REPLIES 8

lotharmat
Community elder
What issues are you having?

A lot if issues can be mitigated by a pin-hole reset:

Make sure you can read all the default passwords on the base of the Hub before you do this

Unplug all ethernet cables

With the power on and the co-ax connected; press and hold the reset switch with a paperclip or sim removal tool for at least 60 seconds.

Allow 10 minutes to reboot, reset and stabilise

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you for your quick response. I have done this several times over the past year and still get the same issue - the wifi drops out multiple times a day.

The hub is also very hot to the touch.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

lotharmat
Community elder
Do all Wifi devices drop out at the same time?

What happens to wired devices and what lights show on the hub when the WiFi drops?

It sounds suspiciously like what was happening to mine!

WHat model hub do you have?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you for your help.

It’s only on wifi we’re having issues, Ethernet is working fine.

I’m not sure which hub / model it is - how could I find out?

There is only one light showing and that is orange when the wifi is working and when we’re having problems.

Thank you again for any help you can give.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hub model is printed on its base sticker.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @As34,

Thanks for your recent posts! Sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your hub recently and your devices losing connection.

I have been able to locate your account using your forums details and have ran a couple of checks - there are a few up and downstream levels out of specification which we would advise a visit for, as our tech will be able to fix / replace the equipment and check that everything else is working well.

I'd like to get this booked in for you as early as we can so will just send you a private message to confirm a couple of details first.

Please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page!

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @As34,

Thanks for coming back to me. The visit is all booked in for you and you can check this via your online My VM Account - you can change the date/time there too if necessary.

Keep us posted on how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide