cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router needed

kesgreen
Dialled in

We've had our VM router for many years now and it has become very slow and the WiFi coverage is terrible. How do I go about getting an updated router, please?

Also, we don't need one of the STBs any more (I'm not even sure if it works), so please take it off the account.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@kesgreen wrote:

Ah OK. I used to get a response from VM on here. Maybe they've stopped monitoring it.

You might increase your chances of a hub swap if you can identify what existing model you have. There should be a sticker on the unit to identify it. I think the model numbers are

VMDG480: Superhub 1 / VMDG485: Superhub 2 / VMDG490: Superhub 2 AC / VMDG505: Hub 3 /VMDG640: Hub 4

VM might swap out one of the older Superhub models for you but they probably won't swap a newer hub unless it is shown that something is wrong with it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
what model hub is it? SH2
---------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea, sorry. VM should know.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If yoiu want help with the wifi - look at the Hub's base sticker and tell us what it states.

VM will not do package changes on here - you will have to call in to get the STB removed

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ah OK. I used to get a response from VM on here. Maybe they've stopped monitoring it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It take 2 to 3 days for a VM staff member to get to your post. This is not a fault reporting system.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@kesgreen wrote:

You might increase your chances of a hub swap if you can identify what existing model you have. There should be a sticker on the unit to identify it. I think the model numbers are

VMDG480: Superhub 1 / VMDG485: Superhub 2 / VMDG490: Superhub 2 AC / VMDG505: Hub 3 /VMDG640: Hub 4

VM might swap out one of the older Superhub models for you but they probably won't swap a newer hub unless it is shown that something is wrong with it.

I can confirm that it's a Netgear Super Hub 2.

I have just tried calling, but was on hold for ages, so I'm back here.

Hi kesgreen, 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Community. It's great having you posting back here with us. 

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your WiFi connection and speeds. 

Checking things this end I can see the hub is online and the power and signal levels are all within the optimal range. There are no timeouts recorded however I can see the Hub has quite a long uptime so turning the hub off for a few minutes at the mains, then turning back on will help refresh things. 

In terms of the additional box, as mentioned above we're not able to change packages so you would need to give the team another call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 to talk through your package. As part of the package change, the team will be able to upgrade the hub to a Hub 3/4 depending on if you're changing your internet speed. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs