cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New modem delivery

Bensmith09
Tuning in

Been having problems with broadband and WiFi around the house for months, contacted customer services who just tell me to switch the modem on and off, move into different rooms and silly things I know that won't work. Eventually get an engineer out and says the modems faulty so weeks wasted because of the customer service team. Then the engineer rings to tell me its gonna take 2 weeks to get a new modem out, so after waiting ages to find the problem it still won't be fixed for another 2 weeks absolute joke 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bensmith09,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your broadband. 

Did the engineer advise why it would take that long?

Can you confirm which hub you have?

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bensmith09,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your broadband. 

Did the engineer advise why it would take that long?

Can you confirm which hub you have?

^Martin

We've got a hub4 that's been faulty since the 2nd week of having virgin roughly 2 months, I've rang virgin multiple times and the customer service team told me to reset it most times, other times they've told me there's an intermittent fault and they'd check my service between 24 and 48 hours and then never got back to me!.

The engineer told me he had no hub4s in his van and that he would have to order one in, I overheard him say to his manager that he was too busy to deliver one on the day of the check (even though his manager suggested he had time). He then told me he'd ring me within 5 minutes to tell me the date he'd be able to do it suggesting it wouldn't be too long. 2 hours later he rang to say it would take 2 weeks it's appalling service for such a big company I never had any issues with my previous supplier.

We've got a hub4 that's been faulty since the 2nd week of having virgin roughly 2 months, I've rang virgin multiple times and the customer service team told me to reset it most times, other times they've told me there's an intermittent fault and they'd check my service between 24 and 48 hours and then never got back to me!.

The engineer told me he had no hub4s in his van and that he would have to order one in, I overheard him say to his manager that he was too busy to deliver one on the day of the check (even though his manager suggested he had time). He then told me he'd ring me within 5 minutes to tell me the date he'd be able to do it suggesting it wouldn't be too long. 2 hours later he rang to say it would take 2 weeks it's appalling service for such a big company I never had any issues with my previous supplier.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bensmith09,

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hello Bensmith09,

Can you please check your Private Message.

Gareth_L

Thanks for those details Bensmith09.

I have just realised it was myself that sent the replacement Hub out for you this week.

Has it arrived now, How are things looking?

Gareth_L

Yeah it's just arrived and I've installed it, looks to be working fine at the minute, as for the compensation side of things what can you offer us.