cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New iMac can’t connect to internet despite joining WiFi network. Hub 3

mrspig
Joining in

Got new iMac set up.same room aS old Mac and hub3,no internet connection despite successfully joining WiFi network,says ‘WiFi has the self assigned iPad address …….. and will not be able to connect to the internet.tried simple things,switching everything off and restarting,rebooting hub via the App on my iPad,all this has done is lost the connection with the 2.5GHz network so worse off than before all other devices still connect fine.tried putting ‘8.8.8.8’ into the DNS list,whatever that means. Any other ideas?

13 REPLIES 13

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

Keep us updated with how you get on with this @mrspig 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All sorted and up and running thanks (had to sort out a minor issue with apple too)

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Great just FMI.... what sorted it in the end?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Manually configuring the DNS with the addresses given by asim18, and  then an apple support advice to reboot in safe mode .