cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub not connecting

MW41
Joining in
Spoiler

My Hub3 was installed last week, and since have had no proper connection. 

It originally allowed the TV and all other devices to connect, however since then they have all been constantly losing connection. 

I have gone through all of the troubleshooting, re started the hub several times, reset the hub twice, checked the service in the local area, checked the app for issues, checked all cables are secure, and made sure the hub positioning isn't impeded.

I have no idea what else to do, and am about ready to throw something at it, or it out of the window.

I'd be extremely grateful for any help 🙏

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
First thing to establish is, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on a cable to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MW41 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issues with your hub.

I am going to drop you a private message now to investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs