cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub and box No WIFI

LouLou82
Joining in

Hello, my parents, both pensioners were sold a new hub and box 6 weeks ago. It was sent to them and they were instructed to fit it themselves, neither are IT savvy. My mother managed to do this but still has no connection to Wifi on the TV. Long story short, visits from engineers, over-the-phone conversations, webchats, and children setting up, they still have intermittent WIFI on the TV and none on her IPad which she checks for her hospital appointments.  Engineers say there is a problem with the area or give it a couple of hours and it will be ok,  or the latest, if you have a problem with the TV watch your channels through youtube!

They pay a huge amount of money each month for a service that is completely inadequate. I would never have let them go ahead with the upgrade but this happened through a cold call over the phone when I was not there, my mother had no idea what she was signing up to and since has had no help or been able to watch the tv without it diss connecting every hour. This is causing them both so much stress and anxiety.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @loulou

Thanks for posting on our community forum and a big warm welcome on your first post

I'm so sorry to hear about the repeated issues you have been experiencing, I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you,Ironically me own internet failed yesterday evening.

Can you help with my parents issues?

Good Morning @LouLou82, thanks for coming back to us.

Have you checked our Service Status Checker or called our Service Status Line 0800 561 0061 for an update on any outages we may be experiencing in your parents local area?

Do your parents use any Ethernet cables to help with the connection to the TV services, or any other devices that are located close to the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Good morning,

Yes, they have checked for network problems and do not use the Ethernet cables as it is too far from the box to connect plus the engineer that came said it would not make any difference. There have been problems with neighbours having no internet as well, that lasted two weeks but has now been resolved, it's just theirs that keeps bugging out. They are not internet savvy so even on the phone they don't know what to do. She should never have been talked into the upgrade, they have had nothing but trouble since.

Thank you.

Hi LouLou82, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I can see that my colleague Travis sent you a private message requesting some further information. 

If you can reply to this, he will then be able to continue to check things out for you. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs