cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub . Red light

neilmcgroary
Joining in

Had a red light on my new hub .. got a replacement .. and still a red light .. internet was fine ( new house ) for the last week and it just went and wont come back on 

Any help would be great

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is it?

You said internet was fine and now its just gone - so can you check for any “known network faults”

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum) if you can (tether your phone?)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Its a hub 2.0

Ive checked the area .  All ok

Ive unplugged , rebooted , restarted, reset, disconnected all cables and virgin have confirmed whatever ping they sent is all ok 

So at a complete loss

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You sure its an SH2? I have one never seen a red light - see its Sticker below - is yours the same?

It sounds more like a Hub3.

Have you called it in as faulty - what did they say?

SH2 BASE STICKER.jpeg

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.