cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 5

carlc
Tuning in

Hi, just replacing old hub 3 with a new hub5 and i am wondering if i should fit the 3 dB wideband attenuator to the new hub that was installed on the old hub 3 , or should i remove it ? Any advice would be apreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Leave it on and see how the new connection fares

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Leave it on and see how the new connection fares

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ok,thanks 

RayW2
Dialled in

Chance would be a fine thing!!

Obviously as I am only a 1Gig customer I don't get allowed a Hub 5 😞

--

RayW2

ikevvin
Tuning in

How did you get the new hub? I've got a 3 and want a 5 only ways I can think are:

-Cancel my contract and take a new one of (I'm due to renew) but I don't want to he without service.

-Possibly upgrade but there's loads of parameters(price,need etc.)

-Ask them but I've asked before Nd they said it has to be defective.

I agree see how the new hub fairs 🙂

Was offered one as part of a deal to stay with them basically,  for a very small price increase.

Hi Carlc 👋 welcome back to the community! 

Thank you for getting in touch about your attenuator. How have you been getting on since making the swap to the hub 5, keeping the attenuator attached? If you do start to have any service issues please let us know and we can always investigate or arrange a technician to attend to check your setup! 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi,  all seems fine so far thanks.