cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 5 router

Shadow74
Tuning in
  • Hello - been with virgin for 15 years plus and when I moved house they installed the hub 3 in my garage. Now I have the hub 5 I want to move the router to front room which is the wall behind the garage - I also need an Ethernet port installed so I can plug in my security cameras - can this be done by the same engineer - thanks - I was meant to have an engineer come yesterday but they didn’t turn up and just the appointment just disappeared off the app - I got a text saying the appointment but no text saying it had been cancekee so booked day off work for no reason so just want this resolved now - thanks 
6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM Techs will not install ethernet points - that a DIY job.

They will relocate the Hub at a cost of £25

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In fact you will be quids in (well, a quid in) as you can probably claim automatic compensation for the missed appointment of £26. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Am I in the wrong thread then as I thought that virgin monitored this and this was a better way to book a new appointment and they message you?

Ps on diff subject I have a Texecom alarm that has app connection with static ip - since I changed router it won’t connect via app - I have entered the ip address in port forwarding exactly as it was on the hub 3 - I did same things with video cameras and they worked - also same static - and yet the app won’t connect to the alarm like it used to! Driving me mad! Any hints or tips appreciated - thanks 

Hi Kath 

not sure if I am posting in right place - but I had an appointment booked for Friday and had a text confirming this and they never turned up - disappeared off the app - never told me it was cancelled - had a day off work to sort out and wasted it so kinda annoyed as I just signed up for 1gb service and getting slow speeds - so need my router repositioned - can you message me and arrange this - thanks - Chris 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Here is not a fast-track route into VM.

VM staff monitor these fora. But they are primarily a "community help" fora - so they do respond after the community has tried to help and sort the issues. But it can take several days before they chip in.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Shadow74,

Thanks for posting this question on our forums, I understand you're wanting to relocate your Hub to a new space in your home. 

We can get this booked in for you, as the other users have already alluded to, this will have a small call-out fee of £25. 

They will only be able to relocate your Hub, they wouldn't be able to install anything your your ethernet cable as this would be down to DIY.

I can also see that you mentioned an engineer visit that didn't materialise, I would be happy to check this for you as per our compensation scheme

As for the connection issues that you've been experiencing, I can see that there is an area outage today which may be causing some disruption, the engineers are due to have this fixed at 4:00pm today.

I'll send over a PM now so I can get your equipment relocation booked in.

Thanks,

Megan_L