Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 5 and Wi-Fi pods

Jempett79
Tuning in

Hello everyone

question for you …

I am taking delivery of a new Hub 5 on Friday (24/03) replacing my hub 4.

I currently have Virgin Wi-Fi pods connected to the hub 4 creating a mesh network.

So the Question is …..

When I do the plug and play installation of the hub 5 on Friday will the Wi-Fi pods automatically work with the hub 5 or does this require some form of intervention from Virgin at their end ? There is no reset buttons on the pos themselves…What I don’t want to do is plug in the hub 5 and the Wi-Fi pods don’t connect to it !

Any help / previous experience of this would be great !

Thank you

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

stevestockwell
Tuning in

Hey James

Pretty easy to do - the pods will individually, in turn, need connecting to the new hub 5 via an ethernet cable, and once the light stops flashing, remove and plug in to its original location.

hope that helps!

Steve

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

stevestockwell
Tuning in

Hey James

Pretty easy to do - the pods will individually, in turn, need connecting to the new hub 5 via an ethernet cable, and once the light stops flashing, remove and plug in to its original location.

hope that helps!

Steve

Hey Steve

Thanks for the reply - that makes perfect sense and I will make sure I do that as suggested

thanks again

james

Let us know if you require any further support @Jempett79 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks

just to give an update the hub 5 was installed without issue - and the Wi-Fi pods automatically connected to the new hub 5 without any intervention from myself so all in all a seamless result !