cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 4 connection issues

Rickyb1989
Joining in

Hi, 

So i signed up for volt as im on o2, i had a hub 3 which was fine, i got sent (automatically) a new hub 4, ive connected it but seem to have issues,

My phone connects and a couple of tvs but my android boxes connect and say no internet, and my daughters ipad just keeps trying to connect. 

Can anyone help with this (i have unplugged, restarted, rebooted etc)

When i click on test hub from my mobile everything comes up with a connection issue, wifi interferance.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a pinhole reset first as below.

Do you still have the old Hub3?
Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Rickyb1989,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear some of your devices are facing issues since you changed to our Hub 4.0.

How are things now, did you try the pin reset as advised by jbrennand?

Regards

Paul.