cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 4 WiFi calling no longer works

Lololololo
Joining in

Always been able to make calls on our mobiles using wifi calling in the house as 4g is limited but since we installed hub 4 we can’t use the mobiles as phones at all… couldn’t use whatapps call either today ???

any ideas

17 REPLIES 17

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you connected your equipment to the SSID and passwords for the new hub4?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes the only thing not working is calls .. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lololololo,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your recent post! Sorry to hear of the issues you've been having with your new hub and WIFi Calling.

I located your account using your forums details and had a quick check - looks like there's been a fault identified with the equipment and a tech visit is already booked in for you.

Hope this goes well and the issue is resolved quickly, but if you do have any future issues don't hesitate to drop back and we'd be happy to help.

Kind regards.,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

HI, 

Did this all get resolved as i have updated last week and every time I use WIFI Calling i get about 20secs into the call and it just drops all audio from the call but not the call its self, I have to hang up and disable WIFI  

Hi @Millins,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for your post.

Do you have any issues with other devices or services using your WiFi connection?

Which device are you using to call via WiFi?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven, 

Thanks for your reply, currently I don’t have any other issues other than the WiFi calling, it happens on both my iPhone 12pro max ios15 and iPhone 8 iOS 14, both have the same issue and were both working fine prior to my upgrade. 

any ideas? 

cheers 

Must be a common bug, had a hub 3 and Wi-Fi calling was fine, got a hub 4 2 days ago and not seen Wi-Fi calling since, in my case 2 x iPhone 11’s on IOS 15.1

luckily phone signal isn’t a problem where I live.

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm probably barking up the wrong tree, but since some people have new hubs then the SSID's and passwords will have changed.

Have these been updated on the devices (iphone's etc) ?

Possibly use  the 'Forget this network' option for your home WiFi on the phone and then set it up again.

You may have to turn off the WiFi calling and back on again after updating the Wifi settings, or reboot the phones.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I changed new hub to old hub settings, but through my own fault finding had toggled Wi-Fi calling off/on again to no avail.

IF i have helped you, please give me kudos / mark me as helpful, thanks