cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New hub 3 stuck in ‘Update in Progress’

Linforth
Joining in

Hi,

I received a new hub replacement a little while ago, and finally got to setting it up today. I followed the steps on the virgin media website to replace the hub and found no issue there.

For some reason, my hub 3 has no internet. Whenever I connect via wifi, it simply says ‘Update in Progress’ and offers no further information.

I left it for 4 hours before turning it off for 20 seconds and then turning it back on. When that didn’t work, I tried a 60 second pinhole reset, which also failed to resolve the problem.

I’ve tried calling virgin media, but the automatic system can’t find any faults so no progress there. I’ve had no internet access all day, and need this remediated soon as I work from home and have some time-sensitive projects currently in progress.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Linforth
Joining in

Issue was resolved by virgin media, apparently my new box was unpaired with the network somehow. After the support person re-paired my box and I restarted it, the internet connection was working fine.

If VM staff read through this stuff, Sophie was of great help and very prompt in fixing the issue for me, so thanks for that.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

25 REPLIES 25

Linforth
Joining in

Issue was resolved by virgin media, apparently my new box was unpaired with the network somehow. After the support person re-paired my box and I restarted it, the internet connection was working fine.

If VM staff read through this stuff, Sophie was of great help and very prompt in fixing the issue for me, so thanks for that.

Hi, 

I was facing the same problem, try to call VM, but it doesn't help. Please help me to solve this problem, very frustrating. 

Hey azizi_omar, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community, I am sorry you are having some issues with an update.

I have taken a look from out side and this looks like it has now been resolved, please can you just confirm this?

I have also sent a hit to your box to get things ticking if it hasn't worked.

Either way please let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi - I have the exact same issue. I'm not sure if it is because i also got a sent a hub 4, but that doesn't work so reverted to a hub3.

Any help?

Thanks

To give more details - I finally go the hub 3 working after the hub 4 would give back a solid red line.

I turned it all off, came back after a week and it is a solid yellow line. When I check the 192.168.0.1 it says an update is in progress.

I'm concerned that perhaps the hub 3 box was unregistered assuming I am using the hub 4?

Hi I am having the same problem, can connect but then says no internet connection and doesnt work. Gone on web link with numbers and it states update in progress. Been updating all day please help

Hi @TeeInternetHelp,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear your new hub was such in "update in progress". We can understand this is not ideal. Is this issue ongoing today? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have been experiencing the same issue for the past 24 hours - please help! The router shows as if it is working (white light) bit has no internet and the ip address page says it has been making updates for over 24 hours! 

Hi HelpMe1231,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Could you please give us an update on how things are today?

Were you able to call our broadband fault team to get it investigated? 

If not and you're still having this issue, please let us know and we will be happy to help!

Thanks,

Megan_L