cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New box position

Leebouy86
Joining in
  • Hello,

We are having some construction work done and need to have the cable entry point moved to a different external wall. How can i get this done and how much will it cost?

Also the original feed (cable from main road) is clipped to my garden hedges. Should this be in a protective cable or dug into the ground? Luckily myself or neighbour haven't caught this yet whilst trimming the hedges.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leebouy86  👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here 😊

There is a non call out charge of £25 to relocate the entry point.

I will be more than happy to get this booked in for you so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Just call it in to VM - they ill arrange a Tech visit to move the entry point.

It will cost £25.

Best to be there when they come to do it so you have some control/input as to how they are proposing to do it - the cable should/can be buried - in green conduit tubing.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leebouy86  👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here 😊

There is a non call out charge of £25 to relocate the entry point.

I will be more than happy to get this booked in for you so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @Leebouy86 
I've booked a technician for you to come out and relocate the entry point for you. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

As discussed a £25 call out charge will also be applied for the appointment. 

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team