cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wifi contract

PizzaHut24
Joining in

Dear, mis and mr

We want to contract your Wifi survive. Then, we have some questions.

1: We have already your Hub that remained by people who lived here. Can we use that Hub to make new contract with us.

2: We just think that contract only broadband survive. Which contract is suitable for us? We are University student and have to do a lots online.

If you need to information of our Hub, I will give you

we are looking forward to rely on message

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call 0800 064 3836 and select option 1

No.... any Hub left in the property will not work and should have been returned to VM by the previous account holder. When you join they will send you a new Hub activated onto your account.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

PizzaHut24
Joining in

I have a question about cancellation.

we want to contract £38 a month for 18 month, but we will remove after ten months. We only need your wifi 10months. If we cancel it on 10months, we need to pay additional fees? Or there is ten months contract??

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you a student? If so, I think VM may be able to offer you a special contract. Best to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM contracts are usually for 18  months, except for rolling 30 day contracts (which costs more to set up, and more £'s per month than a standard contract) 

Ending a contract early would mean having to pay an early disconnection fee, the most it would cost for an early termination is £240.

terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early-disconnection-fees 

FOOTNOTE - VM did have student deals, I'm not sure if these are still available as it's an old link of mine, however Forum Staff may confirm in a day or two.

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/student 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

PizzaHut24
Joining in

the student contract (30days contract), Is it possible to cancel or restart the contract? For example, contract starts from 10-11th then stop the contract between 11-12th, and then start again contract from12th- 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PizzaHut24 

Let me assist you with this.

Firstly though have you made an order yet? As if you have then only customer services are able to make changes to your contract.

Thanks,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi @Pizzahut thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

You would need to discuss any potential deal with our sales team or make an order on our website.  Do not take any contract that is going to be longer than your time in the property as when you come to cancel there would be contract termination fees.

Regards

Lee_R