cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Wifi Pod

Ironheart
Tuning in

Hey All.

I've already got 2 wifi pods as part of the package I'm on and they have been superb, totally recommend them!

However I've just set up a garden shed and cannot get the WiFi to connect to it.

Am I able to get a 3rd pod and if so how, as again struggling via the app.

Any help/guidance much appreciated!

Cheers!

14 REPLIES 14

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing that’s been totally missed is that a VM pod should be equal distance from the source, the VM hub, and the target machine. With a garden shed this is impractical. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

You're going to have to elaborate on that for a simpleton like me!

I have 2 pods, both doing a fantastic job, but not sure I've given any thought to distance between them and the hub? Did I just get lucky?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ironheart 

Thanks for your response

So when you load the VM connect app up and attempt to order the pods, are you getting an error message?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

????? Sorry I'm not following your questions.

I attempt to contact VM to order another pod via the online chat function and 3 times I'm left on hold for 90 minutes plus, at which point I stop trying.

All I would like, is another pod and I don't seem able to contact VM to order one. 🙂

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ironheart,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry for the confusion above, as our VIP's @newappolo, @jem101, @jbrennand and @Tudor have advised, there will be no guarantee this will work in your shed that is outside of your home, and the pods would need to be within a reasonable distance for this to work. You can see here 👉 for all our pod FAQ's.

Thanks,

Zoie