cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User on Hub 3 why

BertyBoy62
Tuning in

Why as a new user, would I be given. Hub 3?  Wi-Fi coverage is pretty poor and I have ordered a pod.  But only just realised the hub 3  is an old technology hub.  I have the volt package on m350. Why would I not have got a hub 4 or 5?

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All hubs are in short supply, they have given you the appropriate hub for your speed. By some reports neither the Hub4 nor the hub5 is any better. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor, read there were more antennas in the newer ones, therefore more range?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Not really - you could try the below - or buy some better quality wireless equipment to sort the issue.

If it is a wifi only issue, then on a Hub3/4/5, you could first try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings At the same time switch off "channel optimisation/Smart wifi” and “ apply and save the settings. All wifi devices will now need reconnecting to the best SSID at each location. Also use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just select and use channels 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz) - this often helps Hub users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.