cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New User - 2 Issues - Wi-Fi pod and Connect app.

SandraWoo
Tuning in

Hi, I have a couple of issues that I am struggling with.

The first is with the Virgin Connect App. Having recently switched from Sky I expected issues with Wi-Fi at the back of the house and with Sky I had a booster. This obviously doesn’t work with the Virgin broadband. I understood that to get a Virgin Pod I would need to download the Connect App. The app. just doesn’t work for me despite me following all the advice I have found on this forum. I’ve loaded the app on my android phone and my iPad and it doesn’t work on either device.

However, using the SamKnowsSpeed app. I could see that me speed at the back of the house was 17mb. I took a screenshot of this and sent it into Virgin and after many attempts at communicating with them finally received a Pod. I plugged the pod into the location I needed it I.e. between the router and where I have poor speed. The light just kept flashing for over a day so I rung Virgin. The advisor told me that initially the Pod needs to be placed next to the router for 24 hours and that the lights would eventually go out when I should then plug it where I need it. I’ve done this and the pod continues to flash its lights !

I haven’t changed any of the router settings and was told not to when Virgin said they would send me a pod.

So I’m stuck. I’ve switched the router off and waited the min. 10 seconds before turning it on but nothing works.

Can anyone let me know how I can get the pod and the Connect app. to work?

Many thanks

10 REPLIES 10

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SandraWoo

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with the Connect App and the Pod. From a system check I can see you've called the team and we've replaced the Pod for you.

Please see below for further advice on the Pod, placement and requirements; 

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
• Channel Optimisation must be left on
• The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
• The SSID must be password protected
• The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/check-services/wifi-pods/setup/start - Pod setup.

You've mentioned the app isn't working, what's happening please? Any error messages? Keep us posted as we'd like to sort this out for you

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi, here is a screenshot

SandraWoo_0-1675589218765.png

Thanks for coming back to us SandraWoo. Please could you try to remove the app, then perform a pin hole reset of your hub and once the hub returns to service, re-install the app.

Hopefully this will refresh everything and enable you to connect the hub to your pod.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the issues at all.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for replying. I had already done that but just done it again and the error is the same. I’ve just had a look at the reviews for this app on the Play Store and it would appear that I’m not the only one not able to use the app.

Latest situation with regards to the pods.

So I received the second pod to replace the first pod that didn’t work. It’s been plugged in next to the router (after a pin reset was made) and has continued to flash since 1600hrs yesterday.

I had a phone call from Virgin yesterday and a guy told me to ring back if this second pod didn’t work as I would need a replacement router.

My intention was to leave the pod until 1600hrs today as it would by the have been plugged in for 24 hours. However I have just received an email from Virgin asking me to ring so that the pods could be “paired to my hub to get them up and running”. This is the first time I have been asked to do this.

so I have just rung Virgin. Told to wait why they sorted it out and after 5 minutes or so they hung up.

I’m going to ring Sky to see if they want to take me back!!!!

Hey SandraWood, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your pod.

Please can you just try this for me and let me know what happens.

Unplug any Ethernet cables attached to the router and wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Plug the router's power cable back into the outlet. Plug the modem back in and wait until the modem has finished powering on. Wait at least 2 minutes for your Pods' LEDs to stop blinking. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks Matt, I have an engineer coming out on Monday. Fingers crossed he’ll get these issues resolved.

thanks for your help.

Thanks for the update @SandraWoo on the forums. 🙂

Let us know how it goes with the appointment and keep us informed.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Latest update. Virgin Engineer came this morning as arranged.

He tested the router and replaced it with a new one.

Pod now working …. Yay!!!
ConnectApp now working …. Yay!!

The engineer was very helpful and made sure everything was set up to connect to new router 

10 out of 10 for the engineers service. 

It’s just taken so long to get this resolved. So 1 out of 10 for customer service.I think Virgin really let themselves down in this area.