cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Service Not Throughout Whole Property

Elaniel
Joining in

Hi

I'm starting to regret my initial change to Virgin after my install which just finished an hour or so ago.  I have only one room with broadband as it drops so low in speed it disconnects.  I am on VOLT and 1GB service.

Engineer said I need to order mesh and they take a week to arrive and was eligible for 3 as would likely need them all due to layout of my property.  I then called and was told I can only have one at a time!  So my property can be up to 3 weeks without service throughout which is a serious issue with me working from home.  The agent and manager (after being hung up on 3 times) said I would still even have to pay for the service over the next few weeks when I cannot use it.  Also that wifi is a "free service" they provide so cannot guarantee this.  

Now, with SKY they check all rooms before leaving, but it seems it's not the engineer or anyone but my responsibility to ensure the service is working.

Is this the service I can look forward to?

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Their new wifi-max does actually have guarantees..

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

Note that you can cancel the new VM service in the 14-day cooling off period post-activation and incur no costs whatsoever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.