cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router - help to set up HUB 3

MrsEmm
On our wavelength

Hi  I was having problems with WIFI and was offered an upgrade to Hub 3 (currently have a "Super Hub"). Before the new router arrived, I moved the Super Hub about a metre and realised the signal was fine! 

Virgin Media are requesting the old hub back and said they would be sending a label (not yet received); but I am not confident about installing the Hub 3.  They said to contact Customer Services to do this. Can I request an engineer to come and set this up for me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It should be a simple plug and play. Only issue is that the Hub should be "pre-activated" onto your account - sometimes this doesnt happen and it just flashes a green light so you need to call the activation line 0800 953 9500 to go through it again. If it doesnt connect then the SH1 should go back on and work - the activation process changes one Hub for the other on your account

I dont believe they want SH1's returned (if they do they are really in the do do's) - you will be asked to recycle it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It should be a simple plug and play. Only issue is that the Hub should be "pre-activated" onto your account - sometimes this doesnt happen and it just flashes a green light so you need to call the activation line 0800 953 9500 to go through it again. If it doesnt connect then the SH1 should go back on and work - the activation process changes one Hub for the other on your account

I dont believe they want SH1's returned (if they do they are really in the do do's) - you will be asked to recycle it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

MrsEmm
On our wavelength

Thanks John.  They keep phoning and insist I need to return it. I was surprised as I thought old equipment could be recycled.  But as I say, I haven't received a label yet.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Wait and see what VM say on here - the offshore CS agents are famed for not having a clue what is going on.

see....

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi MrsEmm

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the confusion here. 

If you've not set up the hub 3, then this will be the equipment that we're asking you to return, not the hub 1. 

If you are unsure on how to install the hub 3, please see here

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill