cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 5 issues

Logrox
Tuning in

Hi 

I will try make this as brief as possible, so apologies if you find my messages repeating itself. I used to have the Hub three and was asked by VM if I wanted the new hub 5. It was supposed to be the best thing in the world. Well.....

We have installed the Hub, and we have connected most of our electronics to the Wi-Fi connection. The problem I know have is my Apple iMac intermittently disconnects and then says there is no IP address, following on from that it then says the password is incorrect. I have found a way to resolve this, and that is simply by turning the hob on and off. The next of my issues is my printer which is a HP DeskJet 3050a used to work on the old Wi-Fi hub 3. For some reason my printer will no longer find the Internet connection, I’ve changed over the frequencies and that still has not worked, I’ve been onto the gadget team who have told me I need to pay £50 over a period of six months in order for them to assist me to get my printer to work correctly with the new hub, The other problem I have is my daughters speaker no longer works either, as it for some reason cannot find the Internet to. I have tried to bypass these and use my mobile as a go-between, it works momentarily and then instantly disconnects from the Internet.

I am now at my wits end, as I’ve been on the phone most of the day, I have been reset, had new Pynsent, had basically everything done to which they are suggesting and the following response was for me to pay the £20 today so they could help me. To be quite honest I believe that they were going to have quite a few issues with older appliances trying to connect to the new hub 5. 

In terms of my printer, there is no way I can connect it hardwired to the Hub as I have not got to be additional lead so I have to rely on the WPS button, unfortunately as I have said that will not connect to my printer so I have no idea what to do in regards to that. I’ve also downloaded the HP app and that also doesn’t work.

In regards to the speaker, I am simply at a loss it is now just an ornament.

Is there anyone that can help with this issue? Thank you very much in advance I do appreciate any support.

26 REPLIES 26

Oh I also remembered that with the HP assistant it momentarily found the internet and then subsequently disconnected straight away, so it’s knows it’s there but doesn’t like the frequency I guess. I just wish they would take onus instead of trying to convince me my equipment is broken. 

Finally managed to get my printer working via USB in a last roll of the dice before being forced to fork out on a new device! Personally, I can live without the network facility for printing.

To be fair the USB issues were not the fault of VM, that seems to be between HP & Apple.

But I agree that VM should have pointed the potential impact to those that were offered the Hub 5. And trying to take money afterwards from the people who've been affected is just plain wrong.

Hi waldojeffers,

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, any issues picked up while the Hub 5.0 is still in the early stages will be fed back so fixes are looked at.

Regards

Paul.

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

With regard the above hub 5 issues, we have similar issues with my husband’s laptop. Also gmail on my Apple IPad keeps randomly going offline then back online. No issues with any other devices in the house so not sure what’s going on there. Am going to try re-booting the hub later to see if it cures the problems, if not will try a factory reset.  

Apart from that we can’t complain speeds are higher than the hub 3 we had prior.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MRS G1, thanks for your post although I'm sorry you're having issues with the Hub 5.

With regards to the Gmail issue, is this the only thing that goes offline on your iPad? If so, the fault won't relate to the broadband and this may be a device issue.

Have things improved for you since your factory reset?

Regards

Tom_W

Mrs_G1
On our wavelength

Hi Tom,

I’ve come to the conclusion it’s a problem with either gmail or the iPad, reading online there have been issues with apple and gmail. All other devices in the house are working with the hub 5.

Best Wishes!

Thank you for the update @Mrs_G1.

In this case, please do get in touch with both Apple and Gmail and let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs