cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 5 issues

Logrox
Tuning in

Hi 

I will try make this as brief as possible, so apologies if you find my messages repeating itself. I used to have the Hub three and was asked by VM if I wanted the new hub 5. It was supposed to be the best thing in the world. Well.....

We have installed the Hub, and we have connected most of our electronics to the Wi-Fi connection. The problem I know have is my Apple iMac intermittently disconnects and then says there is no IP address, following on from that it then says the password is incorrect. I have found a way to resolve this, and that is simply by turning the hob on and off. The next of my issues is my printer which is a HP DeskJet 3050a used to work on the old Wi-Fi hub 3. For some reason my printer will no longer find the Internet connection, I’ve changed over the frequencies and that still has not worked, I’ve been onto the gadget team who have told me I need to pay £50 over a period of six months in order for them to assist me to get my printer to work correctly with the new hub, The other problem I have is my daughters speaker no longer works either, as it for some reason cannot find the Internet to. I have tried to bypass these and use my mobile as a go-between, it works momentarily and then instantly disconnects from the Internet.

I am now at my wits end, as I’ve been on the phone most of the day, I have been reset, had new Pynsent, had basically everything done to which they are suggesting and the following response was for me to pay the £20 today so they could help me. To be quite honest I believe that they were going to have quite a few issues with older appliances trying to connect to the new hub 5. 

In terms of my printer, there is no way I can connect it hardwired to the Hub as I have not got to be additional lead so I have to rely on the WPS button, unfortunately as I have said that will not connect to my printer so I have no idea what to do in regards to that. I’ve also downloaded the HP app and that also doesn’t work.

In regards to the speaker, I am simply at a loss it is now just an ornament.

Is there anyone that can help with this issue? Thank you very much in advance I do appreciate any support.

26 REPLIES 26

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
When you first setup your printer with your old hub it will be for a given SSID and password which will not match your new hub so you need to reset your printer to default and set it up again.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

Thank you for you reply. I have already reset the printer settings and it still not working. 

Many thanks 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So how are you trying to make the printer find the new wifi? the HP printer I have need my phone by Bluetooth to give it the wifi password.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

thank you for your reply. I used the WPS button on the hub and on the printer there is a button that you press to connect the WiFi to the printer via I’m guessing the printers WPS, so the two link together, If that makes any sense ? 

thank you 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Split the SSID on the Hub and disable the WiFi Smart Optimisation as well. Then you can select the best band to suit your kit. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Logrox,

Thanks for posting!

I am sorry that you are having issues with your new Hub-5.

Is it only your printer that is having connection issues?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi 

Thank you for your response, it’s not just my printer it is also my speaker in my daughters bedroom and my Apple iMac keeps randomly disconnecting, I would then have to turn off the hub for it to reconnect.

However my printer and my speaker are the only two that will not connect. I have spoke to various people on the phone to help with support, and they told me if I wanted to get it back online I would have to pay £50 as it is a third party speaker 

thank you 

Hi 

Thank you for your reply, I will give that a go and see if it helps and work out how to do it.

Thank you 

Hi @Logrox, thanks for your post and sorry to hear that some of your devices are having problems connecting to our Hub 5.

Have you had any luck trying the tips that our VIP's have suggested in this post? Please let me know how you have got on.

Additionally, if you haven't already I'd try doing a pinhole reset of the Hub to see if this helps. Just be prepared though, this is a complete factory reset so it'll restore your Hub back to its factory settings (so SSID and wifi password back to default).

If mine and previous users tips don't work, then I would have to reiterate previous advice and ask you to contact Gadget Rescue, as it would unfortunately appear to be issues with both of your 3rd party devices.

Regards

Tom_W