cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 5 dropping devices from network daily

eddiemenuek
Tuning in

Our brand new Hug 5 is dropping devices at random, happening daily, and getting worse.

Only fix currently is to reboot the router, then everything connects and working perfectly fine, but if (for example) I sleep my Macbook, it will not reconnect. Everything else in the house is still connected and working, but the disconnected device will not reconnect, it just shows 'incorrect password" - i then perform a router unplug/replug and the device connects back again no problem. The next day it will be another device in the house that's pushed off the network. There appears to be no pattern to it. Our previous Hub never experienced this problem. 

If anyone has any clue, or anyone experienced something similar and got it all working please let us know! It's been a few months of this now. 

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You could try a 60 second pinhole reset of the Hub (pin on the base) that often fixes glitches

Do you still have the old Hub ? If so call the activation line and tell them the Hub5 is not fit for purpose and you want the Hub back on. If not tell them you want a new Hub3 sending out

Note that - the Hub5 is not on general release yet - you are effectively testing it for them and are finding the same glitches that many others are finding

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@jbrennand Note that - the Hub5 is not on general release yet - you are effectively testing it for them and are finding the same glitches that many others are finding

An interesting observation is that my Hub 5 is running firmware version LG-RDK_2.23.16-2106.14, and that's been in circulation since at least the middle of December last year, so it would seem that either there's been precisely zero effort to iron out the bugs, that they're shipping revised firmware without incrementing the version number, or they're not rolling out changes properly.   

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My suspicion is that some yoof in their Tech Department is collating all the issues by scribbling them down in his jotter with a view to passing them on to someone else to have a go at fixing it at some point in the future. 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @eddiemenuek,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you seem to be having some ongoing connection issues with your Hub 5 recently. I've noticed that you've mentioned performing a hard reboot (unplugging it via the mains) which fixes the matter temporarily. If you haven't done so already, can you try performing a factory reset to see if that helps?

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Will give this a try this evening. I've noticed that the problem occurs more on devices that are farthest from the router. Not sure if that makes much difference. I've got a wifi extender that i plan on using for those specific devices too so we'll see over the next few days if the 60 second reset plus extender improves things. 

Thanks for the replies, all

E.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What make model of extender is it. These are generally just not very good compared to other wifi solutions

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hi eddiemenuek, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Yes, please keep us updated on how things go. If you have any further issues, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

eddiemenuek
Tuning in

Issues have persisted, ive been away for a week but the resetting and extender hasnt worked at all. In fact, having to restart the router more often now. This hub is totally useless unless this can be fixed with a firmware update or something. Seeing multiple people on this forum with the same/similar issue. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message so I can take some details from you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.