cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 4

Dosser62
Dialled in

So, mine arrived yesterday and I spent much of the day configuring it, splitting  wi-fi frequencies etc.  

Previously my Hub 3 was connected via my Archer C60 router and all was good.

Using the Hub 4 in router mode, I've managed to connect all my smart devices to the new network.

The only one that won't connect is my generic video doorbell, which on set up, shares it's internal wifi with my phone, but when I access the 2G network to link it up, I continuously get a message saying 'successfully joined the network' but I am unable to get picture or sound, and the door bell flashes red and blue, which I've never seen it doing before. Anyone have any suggestions?

Also, for folk who are 'long' time users of Hub 4, is it ok to use in router mode or better to link it up with a router? I currently have an Archer C60, which apparently only supports up to 100mbps in its LAN port 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gerry 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

As a decent compromise you could configure your Archer as an access point, so your video doorbell still works with the new HUB 4 by connecting to the Archer over wireless (The Archer should be plugged into the HUB 4 using one of the spare ethernet ports).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The C60 is practically obsolete, try the WiFi 5 C80 which also has gigabit ports..

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

carl_pearce
Community elder

As a decent compromise you could configure your Archer as an access point, so your video doorbell still works with the new HUB 4 by connecting to the Archer over wireless (The Archer should be plugged into the HUB 4 using one of the spare ethernet ports).

Just treated myself to a new Archer C80.

Use the hub in modem mode as the C80 will provide all WiFi and internet from its LAN ports.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Good news......C80 turned up at lunchtime.

Bad news......... After putting Hub4 into modern mode and connecting it up to the C80. The 2G signal is abysmal, so bad that most of my smart bulbs won't connect to it. 5G coming in at 200mbps.

What the hell have I done wrong?