cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub 3 has solid orange light out of the box

Meagle66
Joining in

Hi, I've just rejoined virgin and self installed my new hub 3. All seems to be fine except:

The base light is solid amber, not the expected white 

The virgin connect app 'cannot find the hub' 

I've restarted, and deleted and reinstalled the app but no joy! Can anyone shed some light on these issues for me? 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The orange light is a known "feature" - the 1p LED fails over time to 50 shades of yellow/orange. Only time to be concerned is if it is bright red (overheating).

Dunno about the App - never used it. Have not just automatically got connectivity ? What do you want the App to do?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Meagle66, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your hub connecting via the app. 

We have recently updated the app so please ensure you have the latest version. Once you do, ensure you are on the home network. If you're trying to connect when on a VPN, guest network or even mobile data then the hub won't connect. 

In terms of the LED light, as mentioned above, this is nothing to worry about. Is the Hub connecting to your devices OK?

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the replies.

The app sorted itself out over night, and good to hear the orange light is nothing to worry about. 

M

That's great to hear @Meagle66

Are you able to let us know how things are looking with the Hub and connection and we will continue to advise as we can! 

As long as the light is not red and the Hub is out in the open and well ventilated there is no need to worry.

Thank you.