Menu
mgsmith33
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Hub 3.0 is disconnecting devices

Hi Community 

I had my VM boxes upgraded last week & also got a new Hub 3.0.

I reconnected my devices & all ok – for 2 hours then all devices stopped working.

Hive (connected to hub via Ethernet cable), Sonos, Alexa, internal security cameras are all connected via wifi.

I switched hub of and on again and eventually everything working ok (after having to reconnect Sonos and Alexa).

But – this is happening frequently. I have the technical skills of a knat but it looks like the hub doesn’t actually go down, just the devices attached (even the one attached by cable!).

This is driving me mad – I work away and currently my security cameras are off line as is my hive so cold house & no hot water when I get home tonight…

Anyone got any ideas ?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Hub 3.0 is disconnecting devices

Do a pinhole reset of the Hub to factory settings. Push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the router after that. Your passwords/passphrase for both Hub and Wifi will revert to those printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/drawer.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mgsmith33, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I apologise for the experience you've had with your new hub. As jbrennand has posted below, have you been able to complete this since? 

Thank you. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
leeleeds
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pal,

I’ve had the same problems with these hubs I now just use them in modem mode and use a unifi backbone in my experience these hubs can’t handle anything above the average user once you start adding Alexa’s, sonos, security they crap out out and there WiFi is terrible my advise is to get unifi gear here’s what I got of eBay 

unfi gateway £70

unfi aplr (accesspoint long range 100m range I have full WiFi inside and outside my house) £78 

unifi 8 port hub £90 

this stuff is enterprise gear and never fails even when my hub is out like now my internal network is working flawlessly.

i’m also looking into just using 4g for my internet it’s cheaper to get an unlimited sim and it’s more reliable and faster than broadband at the moment thats what I’m having to do now running my whole house through my iPhone as my super fast super reliable broadband is down until the 13th of Feb.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi leeleeds,

Sorry to hear of the service issues with your broadband, is the 13th the estimated fix date/time, or an engineer date to the property?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
mgsmith33
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Er - Thanks

Regrettably you are speaking a language I don't understand !

I will try the reset option 1st

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mgsmith, 

Thank you, please keep us updated with how the service is after the reset of the equipment. 

If you continue to have problems, let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos