Menu
tmr1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Home connection estimate

Sorry not sure if I’m in the right group but here goes....

Recently moved into a new build home and am very keen to go with Virgin Media who also happen to provide 3 months free with my developer. 

Got a call shortly after moving in to say they were experiencing problems connecting the property up but should expect installation in April. 

April has come along and after ringing up for an update have been told it could take as long as 18 months. 

Why am I getting mixed messages and why would my developer and Virgin offer a deal that they cannot provide?

Should I just seek and alternative provider?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Home connection estimate

Hi, Tmr1989.

Welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you can't have service on your new home.

I understand why some customers are unable to get service  if there is a construction issue. The problem with our networks being underground. We do have a request permits and rights to work from the local authorities and this can have a huge impact on lead times.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Anna_B

0 Kudos
paperclip
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Home connection estimate

@Anna_B wrote:

Hi, Tmr1989.

Welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you can't have service on your new home.

I understand why some customers are unable to get service  if there is a construction issue. The problem with our networks being underground. We do have a request permits and rights to work from the local authorities and this can have a huge impact on lead times.

Let us know if there's anything else.

Anna_B

@Anna_B

I have a similar problem, and because the mod that was dealing with me through private messaging has left due to location closure I'm left with I don't know what's going on. 

0 Kudos