cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Device unable to find WiFi Hub 4

HHunte
Joining in

Hi - not sure if anyone can help - we have several devices that just do not find our WiFi - we have tried renaming the 2.4 and 5 GHz but that has not made any difference.  We have added a Guest network, still not found, we have also rebooted the Hub several times but nothing works.  I managed to speak to a human at Virgin on the third try and they don't seem to know - I have been escalated to another department but only after a very long moan when they told me they could transfer me to another someone but that it was a chargeable service.  I was quite surprised that they want to charge me extra to help me get their services working properly!  

When I search for available networks both devices find my neighbours Virgin wifi, my phone and ipad are connected fine, our Smart speakers are connected fine - however we have a Smart TV and a Blink Camera and neither of them work.  Anyone got any other suggestions??

3 REPLIES 3

scrd01
On our wavelength
from what i can find the Blink only works on 2.4GHZ, Smart TV the same???
check you have not dissabled 2.4 on the hub

I’ve checked, can see that one on my phone, just not on the other devices. 

Hi HHunte, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with connecting some of your devices to your hub. It may help if you do a pin hole reset on the hub to see if this helps. 

As most of your devices are connecting, this suggests the issue is with the devices not connecting which is likely the reason why the team referred you to Gadget Rescue. You can read more about what this is here

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs