cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Build - Apparently not serviceable..

BilaalIsmail
Joining in

We have recently completed on our new build property purchase over 3 weeks ago and have not been able to move in due to the incompetency of VM and their Sales team.

Firstly I would like to point out that there are approx 15 houses on my street in the new development, who all seem to be able to purchase VM broadband services. All the properties are built with VM cables pre installed by the way. However, my particular house which is in the middle of the street is apparently not serviceable. All neighbours along the street who have moved in, have had VM installed.

I have then been messed around by the sales team. I called up, and was told it's fine, we can put house number 7 on the account, and when they come to install it, you tell the team its actually meant to be number 6. So we were given an installation date on Wed 19th July.

A few days ago, the ground technician team called me, and came to the property. On arrival I told them, no its number 6 not 7. They said they cant do their work, and left and advised me to call VM.

I called, and was told that the order has to be cancelled and I will not be having an installation.

I have had loss of earnings due to not being able to work, and yet i still have no order, resolution or an installation date as my property is apparently still not serviceable.

It would be great if there is someone that could help or escalate this, as i have tried numerous times, following multiple hour long calls.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your experience with VM so far is a fair indication of their customer service levels, which are currently being investigated by the regulator OFCOM.

By all means continue with this, but new VM connections can take weeks or months. You may wish to look at alternative suppliers. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Hi @BilaalIsmail 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Jon, 

Thank you. I am waiting on your PM.

VM-Jon
Problem sorter

Thank you @BilaalIsmail for the information provided privately. 

I have taken a look at this for and found that your house runs to a different street cabinet to the neighbours that are currently live on your street. As this is a new development everything is built in stages and whilst the cabinet has now been built that feeds your house it is not due to go live for around 2-3 weeks. We have some work scheduled for the 3ist July to to splice in the fibres after which it will be about another week before it will be activated.

I have asked for a best guess on a go live date for you and we given 4th August, however this my be +/- a few days.

We thank you so much for your patience, we are working hard to connect the remainder of your street as quickly as we can.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more