cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never able to connect to hotspots

leeds85
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm sure there's a straightforward answer to this but I'm unable to find one that works.

I'm able to login into the virgin site, the virgin media connect app fine, but the virgin media sidd never connects when I'm out.  Uninstalling the app and putting back made no difference.

When I first setup 12months ago it worked first time. Now nothing I've tried can get it working again.

Thanks in advance

16 REPLIES 16

lotharmat
Community elder
Hiya,

What device are you using?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hub3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pretty sure that the question meant what mobile device are you using the VM Connect App on and what version of the operating system is it using?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Arhh Redmi Note 9, Android 11

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@leeds85 wrote:

I believe that there is a problem with the Connect App on Android 11 currently.  VM are working to find a resolution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A wrote:

@leeds85 wrote:

I believe that there is a problem with the Connect App on Android 11 currently.  VM are working to find a resolution.

Yup - The app is having issues with Android 11!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Doesn't seem possible to sign in manually either which is a shame.

Hi leeds85,

Thanks for reaching back out, we are working on the fix for Android 11 and will hopefully get this resolved ASAP, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

HAs this issue been resolved, a year on and i still can't use the connect app.