cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Networking Issues

johndm
Superfast

So I have a hub 3, and when first installed 18 months ago had dropouts when using Wi-Fi calling on my mobile. I solved this by adding two wireless access points, one upstairs and one downstairs, then turning Wi-Fi off on the hub 3.

My home network has now grown and I now have over 100 connected devices. 
All my computers, cctv and AV equipment are connected with Ethernet, so my two access points connect with Wi-Fi to 3 mobiles, 3 tablets, and all my smart switches, plugs, lamps, bulbs. 
Recently I’ve had to power cycle my hub as my BroadLink stuff all stopped working, a week or so later all my Tapo plugs lost connection, and yesterday I had problems with my CALEX bulbs, some stopped working but not all, and they would not reprogram to my network without another hub 3 power cycle. My two TP link access points are set to power cycle monthly and seem to be fine, so could it be there are just too many signals for the hub to handle?

Would a better Virgin hub and dedicated repeaters or mesh system work better?

22 REPLIES 22

New router installed and running.

All my smart switches, bulbs and plugs are reacting much faster to commands.

LAN and wifi speeds remain high.

BUT, for some reason my Somfy Connexoon RTS hub is refusing to stay connected to my LAN network, keeps connecting and disconnecting.

Changed ethernet lead, power cycled but still won't stay connected. There is no reset button, and if I log into my account it keeps saying connected, disconnected, connected every few minutes. Tried to reactivate the hub but just get message saying already activated.

I hope its just a coincidence and Somfy are having server issues, but can't find out for sure

All sorted, had a bad Ethernet lead (brand new cat7 flat type), guess a track was broken/shorted as lead worked connecting a laptop to the router.

Had the added fun of major Amazon Alexa outage today to try and hinder my diagnosis too!

Thanks for the advice, everything on wifi now running much faster, wired speed still at 500/550 steady, happy bunny

J

Hi johndm, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you were having networking issues. 

I can see the Community have done a great job at jumping in to help. 

It's great to see from your latest post that things are all resolved for you now. 

If you do have any further issues, don't hesitate to pop back and let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs