cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network outage on wifi and TV- account says no broadband

Woodbine
Joining in

We have had little to no service since Thursday 15th July.

The wifi cuts out, the TV has W02 error and can’t watch anything. 

Try to log onto my virgin account and it says I have no broadband or mobile- which clearly we do and pay and extortionate amount every month. 

for the amount paid monthly, id expect at least a working service.

What is going on? 

4 REPLIES 4

Woodbine
Joining in

We have had little to no service since Thursday 15th July.

The wifi cuts out, the TV has W02 error and can’t watch anything. 

Try to log onto my virgin account and it says I have no broadband or mobile- which clearly we do and pay and extortionate amount every month. 

for the amount paid monthly, id expect at least a working service.

What is going on? 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

do you have any wired connections to the hub - a laptop or pc - if so do they connect - if you have non then what are the lighte doing one the hub

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

we pay for a domestic service - there is no sla - if it works they fix it - there is compensation if its off totally - search and you will find details

Tony.
Sacked VIP

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Woodbine 

I've merged your duplicate threads - please don't post more than once for the same issue, it can lead to confusing replies.

In addition to Tony's advice, W02 (from a TV side) is a classic loss-of-signal error. If you've rebooted your TV box once and it persists, there's an underlying fault somewhere. Check for known area issues on 0800 5610061 - and if nothing's listed, assume VM don't know about your fault and I'd ideally advise calling in to report it.

Virgin Media supply you with a broadband & TV service, your router then converts into wired & wireless connections - it's not totally clear from your post if your issues are only with wireless, so as per Tony - check wired connections have the same problem? Mobile is a completely different issue - here, Virgin don't operate their own network and piggyback onto EE or VF, depending on your setup.

If there is no known area fault on TV or broadband, you can report it by calling 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Woodbine

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Is the issue still ongoing now?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs