cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network logs… do I have an issue?

TALON1973
Up to speed

Had a quick look at my logs….. noticed these recently…. Problems?

Network Log

Time Priority Description

11/07/2021 23:21:49criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
11/07/2021 23:11:15ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/07/2021 14:45:36criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
08/07/2021 14:24:14ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
13 REPLIES 13

g0akc
Problem sorter

Not necessarily.

Are your services and devices working OK?

I have the same messages in my Hub's logs and I'm not aware of any issues.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

g0akc
Problem sorter

Here are my similar log entries;

12/07/2021 05:00:34criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*******-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
11/07/2021 11:36:12noticeDHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt060+voc-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=*******CMTS-MAC=********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
11/07/2021 11:36:12ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=********CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
11/07/2021 11:06:12noticeDHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg505-bbt060+voc-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

I also get the same - with no discernible issues!

TimePriority Description
13/07/2021 15:27:7criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/07/2021 21:13:9ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
09/07/2021 18:01:5criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
09/07/2021 09:13:8ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
06/07/2021 04:10:43criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
02/07/2021 09:13:7ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
29/06/2021 01:29:11criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Ok . Thanks for the replies .

Hey @TALON1973,

Thanks for reporting your issues on our forums and I'm sorry that you have had connection issues.

I have done some checks on your equipment, connection and the local area and cannot find any issues. I have looked into your account and can see that you have installed the WiFi pods since you last posted. Have the pods made any difference with your connection issues, since you installed them onto your network?

Regards,

Steven_L

@Steven_L

yeah it was terrible … totally killed my internet speeds…constant drop outs and blocked WiFi look-up on ALL my devices .

My mobile AND iPad literally couldn’t find ANY WiFi network in my street with that that piece of garbage connected . I couldn’t even find the 5gz virgin using my phone. 

@TALON1973 wrote:

@Steven_L

yeah it was terrible … totally killed my internet speeds…constant drop outs and blocked WiFi look-up on ALL my devices .

My mobile AND iPad literally couldn’t find ANY WiFi network in my street with that that piece of garbage connected . I couldn’t even find the 5gz virgin using my phone. 

Probably not the answer he was hoping for!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @TALON1973 

I am really sorry to hear that you have had some issues with the pod, are you able to let me know, do you have the 2.4 and the 5ghz frequency's split?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

@Zak_M

Yes the frequencies are split. It’s the worst designed piece of equipment I’ve ever seen in my life. The “light” on it is big as a pinhole , so no way of telling what’s it’s doing when a plug socket is 3 inches off the floor. Made ZERO difference to the WiFi strength upstairs, and totally tanked my WiFi connection as a hole.

If that’s the best you offer for extending WiFi in a home I can’t see me staying beyond my contract. The only advantage you have is speed atm, but that’s no good if I can’t take advantage of it beyond my main entertainment room.