cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issue reocurred

Daleodonnell
Joining in

Hi , I had an issue with packet loss and Latency on my broadband , this was sorted by 2 engineers visits to ensure the issue was not in my house but both said no its a network , this was passed to the network team who resolved the issue. 

but it seems the issue has came back and is a lot worse now but it was fine for months , attached is a BQM showing fine on the 9th and then 11th and 12th it has been like this since , cant watch netflix or game at all as I had 76% packet loss at one point ,  I have checked all connections inside my house and they are fine they are never touched and also when I do service check on my VM it says Network issue and it tried to send a signal to the router and the router would reset and to check its fixed after 10-20 minutes,I have done this now about 7 times its not even resetting the router at all and that's as far as I can go myself .

can this be checked by a network team ? 

Regards091121.jpeg111121.jpeg121121.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check if there is a known network issue.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Check if there is a known network issue.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.