cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network degradation (ping google from my router)

gliush
Joining in

Hello.

Last several days I often see problems with my network.

Usually it looks like this:

Screenshot 2021-09-13 at 11.27.48.png

(Router Home Page -> Advanced Settings -> Tools -> Ping).

This is terrible! Everything hangs, I can't watch videos, I can't even make calls via internet.

Could you share what's happening?

Is it router problem? I can neither reset its firmware to install a more open OS (Open-wrt) nor dig into the problem.

Is it your network problem?

When is it going to be fixed?

Best wishes.

13 REPLIES 13

lotharmat
Community elder
See if there are any issues listed on 0800 561 0061.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gliush

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues with your broadband, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Have you checked our Service Status page here for any known outages in your area? You can also sign in to run further diagnostics. 

I have managed to locate your account from your profile information, and I can see there is an area issue which may cause intermittent service, which will explain the service issues you're been experiencing. This has a current fix time for 30/09/21 at 13:00.

Please let us know how the service is performing since posting. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Do you have a super hub 1 in router mode? use it in modem mode and get your own router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I use it as modem, yes.

I don’t see any issues on that page. Could you share the ID of the issue so that I could check it later and refer to it?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@gliush wrote:

I use it as modem, yes.

Really? so how did you get to the hubs ping page  in Advanced Settings if you say your in modem mode?

Indeed, I forgot that I switched it back to "Router" mode, just I turned wifi off.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
For the super hub 1 you need to be in modem mode or ask for a another hub.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @gliush,

I've been able to look into your local area, and can see that we're currently experiencing an outage that's estimated to run until 13:00 on 30/09/21

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you and will be more than happy to assist further, once the outage has cleared

Kindest regards,

David_Bn