cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network attack?

Quattro0776
Joining in

IMG_3640.jpegIMG_3641.jpegIMG_3642.jpegIMG_3643.jpegIMG_3644.jpegHi all,

1st time posting here. Any suggestions are welcome.

Since the 23rd, at around 3 pm my network keeps dropping randomly. Every 10 minutes or so. Countless call to customer services, same answer: reboot this, unplug that, stuff that doesn't help. I always told them is not an issue with my gear at home. Still they won't understand. So 2 days in, no discount for the services lost and can't work or use the network, i am still with the issue. Now i run the hub 3 in modem and use a asus router. Here is what has picked up. Photos attached. I need some answers as i think my ip address is being attack, ddos 'ed and virgin can't 'see' that?  This needs to be changed i believe or som other steps taken otherwise i will need to find a different provider. Again, 2 days in still a problem. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you switch to using the hub in router mode, temporarily at least, you will get a different IP address - see if issues persist.

Also see if you can change/spoof the MAC on your router - that too will change your public  IP address.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Asus routers it's Advanced Settings, Firewall, Enable DoS Protection, if it is indeed DoS. 

Thank you for the fast response. But if I would not have this router I wouldn’t know then just by using the hub 3. Also shouldn’t this be prevented as much as possible by virgin? At this rate now i am tempted to call them again and either they do something or i would need to leave. Correct me if i am wrong. 

By any chance is virgin seeing this thread? It started again. 61 attacks now. I will call citizen advice tomorrow if not. I told them in all my calls that this is not an issue on my side. 

Thank you, i have seen that before. It is useless that  page. The attack is from a company in panama…. All the domains shows from the same addresses

Domain:
bedrapiona.com

Registrar:
URL Solutions, Inc.

Registered On:
2020-04-14

Expires On:
2023-04-14

Updated On:
2022-03-15

clientTransferProhibited

Name Servers:
ns-1312.awsdns-36.org
ns-1550.awsdns-01.co.uk
ns-237.awsdns-29.com
ns-556.awsdns-05.net

Name:
Private Whois

Organization:
GLOBAL DOMAIN PRIVACY SERVICES INC

Street:
Tower Financial Center Flr 35, 50th St y E. Mendez St

City:
Panama

State:
NA

Postal Code:
NA

PA

Phone:
+1.4692250522

If you switch to using the hub in router mode, temporarily at least, you will get a different IP address - see if issues persist.

Also see if you can change/spoof the MAC on your router - that too will change your public  IP address.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!