cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network and speed issues

vm10
Joining in

Network is causing my hub4 not to work properly as only giving out between 350 - 408mbs, it has been confirmed by 2 different engineers last week , also the node needs to be replaced to keep up the faster speed, currently the node can only handle slower speeds. As Virginmedia cannot provide an adequate answer on a fix I had no option but to reach out to Ofcom as when I call 150 the calls are are routed to the Indian call centre and the rudeness attitude they provide is disgusting and they refuse to transfer to a manger when you escalate the call, In fact they actually say there is no managers. Then I get told they have relaxed the pods which they have not as only 1 received but maintained all replacements were done, this has not happened. And so that’s another issue. However let’s see what Ofcom do now as be with them too. So after 20 years is this way you expect to be treated. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Are you actually asking for any help (this is a Community Help Forum)? The community may be able to help sort the issue if you give more specific details.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jem101
Superstar

@vm10 wrote:

Network is causing my hub4 not to work properly as only giving out between 350 - 408mbs, it has been confirmed by 2 different engineers last week , also the node needs to be replaced to keep up the faster speed, currently the node can only handle slower speeds. As Virginmedia cannot provide an adequate answer on a fix I had no option but to reach out to Ofcom as when I call 150 the calls are are routed to the Indian call centre and the rudeness attitude they provide is disgusting and they refuse to transfer to a manger when you escalate the call, In fact they actually say there is no managers. Then I get told they have relaxed the pods which they have not as only 1 received but maintained all replacements were done, this has not happened. And so that’s another issue. However let’s see what Ofcom do now as be with them too. So after 20 years is this way you expect to be treated. 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

A couple of things, firstly what you have ben told about nodes does sound like the biggest load of old rubbish I have heard in a while, OFCOM being the world's most toothless regulator will do precisely nothing, so VM certainly won't be quaking in their boots about being reported to them!

Right so you have a speed issue, what speed are you paying for? Can you get the status information from the hub and post it up here so we can take a look at it and see if anything stands out.

vm10
Joining in

Is this acceptable then, it’s a network issue as confirmed by two engineers and they tell me a ticket is open to fix this issue and replace a node, however the Indian call centre say there is no ticket open and nothing sent to networks team. So am I being lied to again. 

F879E9B0-90C2-45C3-871E-011CE3E1C96C.png

F057780E-A784-4F02-BC43-F5017CA13DF0.png

EC27339C-6A46-4456-96FA-9467789FC57A.jpeg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi vm10,

To check for network issues have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Both methods should give an estimated fix date if the network issue is listed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali